Friday, April 04, 2008

This story has a happy ending

Last night I decided to go shopping for a new running watch (see yesterday's post). I had a running watch a few years ago but seem to have lost it in one of my moves. I searched online to find one with the features I wanted and there were so many I just decided to go to Sportchek to see what they had in stock. I received Sportchek gift cards for my birthday so it made sense to go there first.

I looked at every watch available in Sportcheck but the only one that had what I wanted (basically, just a stopwatch and/or countdown timer... anything else was a bonus) was a Timex Ironman watch in the men's style (bulky, larger watch face). I knew this watch came in a women's version from my internet research and they said they could order one in for me but I didn't really want to wait if at all possible so I ventured into the mall to see if I could find a suitable watch to take home right away.

First stop was Foot Locker... they had no watches at all and recommended I look in Sportchek (thanks dude!). Second stop was The Source... they had stopwatches but no watches and recommended I look in Sportchek (thanks chick!). Third stop was Charmed Diamond Store... they had a few watches with the right features but the buttons were very small and tough/sticky to push. I didn't want to be fiddling with little buttons when running so I passed on them and the woman recommended I look in.... you guessed it... Sportchek! LOL. So I started walking back to Sportchek with the intention of buying the manly watch when I glanced out of the corner of my eye the entrance to Sears. I thought well, it doesn't hurt to look in there.

So off I went to the Sears jewelry counter when what should catch my eye but the exact same Timex Ironman watch that was in Sportchek but the ladies version :) So I played with it, set the timer to make sure it worked, made sure the buttons were easy to use (they were) and decided to purchase it. Just as I was reaching for my wallet the sales lady mentioned that all Timex watches were going on sale the next day for 35% off. SWEET! So they are holding my selection for me until this evening when I can go and buy it at a lovely discount. I'm looking forward to picking it up.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

LOL. You're quite the storyteller. :-) I'm glad you got the watch you wanted, on sale, and still have your Sportchek gift cards to buy yourself another present.