Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am a winner!

How is it possible to feel both thin (relatively) and fat on the same day? I've had a few days like that recently.... I'll look in the mirror in the morning and feel like a freakin' tank. Then I'll pass by a mirror or window later in the day and think "damn, I look fine today" LOL. Or it has gone the other way.... feeling fabulous in the morning and then later in the day feeling fat and frumpy. What bizarre cosmic phenomenon is causing this?

But today I'm feeling totally fabulous... I've lost 2.2 lbs this week. I am SOOOO happy with this loss... makes all the workouts and skipped desserts worthwhile. Unfortunately I strained my knee at the gym yesterday so I'm taking a day or two off from workouts. Will I make my first (Thanksgiving) goal? It'll be tough as that weigh in is only 2-3 weeks away and I have approx 5 lbs to lose... Here's the link to my weight loss chart. http://members.shaw.ca/vicky.bennett/weight_loss.htm

I haven't done much blog posting lately as I've had a lot of physical tasks and emotional strain associated with sending Mercedes to the US. I have phoned many people and shed a few tears over this.... I really should never has children as, based on this experience, I'll never let them out the door for their first day of school LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are experiencing the same phenomenon as the title character of the movie Donnie Darko. When the 6 foot bunny named Frank visits you, does he make you do things you don't want to do? Next time he appears, please send him my way.

I suggest you remove all mirrors from your life. Pretend that they do not exist. When someone says something about a mirror, ask them what a mirror is. This will provide you with unlimited creativity on hair styles.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss Vicky! Yes, the denial of goodies and visits to the gym are obviously working :)

As for passing by mirrors, that happens to all of us. Some days I look great when I leave for work, and miraculously (or not) transform into a hag by the time I get there.

Good luck at the airport tomorrow . . . 'Cedes will be fine!