Monday, August 21, 2006

I swear I'm not making this up....

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

The ongoing saga with Shaw..... I took the defective receiver box back to Shaw today but they still would not take it back. Instead they are going to send a technician to my house to make sure it really doesn't work! I guess my word for it isn't good enough. Okay, if I go to Sears and buy a skirt and then return it because it doesn't fit, are they going to make me put it on in front of them to prove it doesn't fit? If I go to Walmart and buy a coffee maker which turns out not to work properly are they going to refuse to refund my money until I actually attempt to brew a pot of coffee and prove that it is defective? ARGH!!! I can't believe Shaw is getting away with this crap. Take it from me, NEVER deal with Shaw.... THEY SUCK!!!!!

Today I made a day trip to Great Falls, Montana (home of the largest nursery of cold-weather-hardy plants in all of America... seriously, I saw the sign LOL). I went down to pick up a dog that will be shown up here later this year or early next year. It was an uneventful trip down (although I did get lost at the Great Falls airport) and Gilly was lots of fun to play with at the rest stop. Unfortunately we had a run in with a Canada Customs agent on a power trip. He told me that I could not bring Gilly into Canada and I would have to send him back to his owners. He said that I did not have power of attorney over the dog and therefore I would not be allowed to bring him into Canada. I showed him my letter from the owner giving me permission to care for the dog until his championship was completed. He wouldn't even look at it and said if it wasn't notorized it wasn't good enough and I would have to take the dog back to his owners. Luckily his supervisor stepped in and looked at the letter. She stated that the letter was a reasonable facsimile of power of attorney and sent me on my way. Man, I hope that guy (excuse the crudeness here) goes in the back room and gets a big load off on that stunt he pulled so some good will come of his power trip.

You know how people tell you to buy a lottery ticket when you seem to be having a streak of good luck? Well, my luck has been so bad lately I am afraid to buy a lottery ticket for fear that not only would I not win but I'd somehow end up owing money to the lotto board!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES Customs agents SUCK, I'm a member of that hate group! LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Yikes, that does NOT sound like fun! I have had run ins with customs agents too . . . not fun. Glad Gilly is safe with you though!

Louisa said...

You can have power of attorney for a dog??

Carlson02 said...

I didn't know you could have power of attorney over a dog? Go figure...