Monday, August 28, 2006

The things I'll do for Things

I've been looking all over for a game called "Things... Humor in a Box" since we played it at our family reunion a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to find it in any department store so I decided to look online. First I checked the Toys R Us website and was delighted to find that they had it. WOO HOO... hit the jackpot first time! :)

I went into my local Toys R Us store but I couldn't find it on the shelves. So I went to the cashier to see about ordering it but she couldn't find it in their computer. I thought that was strange since it was on the website but thought oh well, I'll just order it from the website. She warned that there are two websites... a Canadian and American one.

So I went home and went to the Toys R Us websites. Sure enough, the Canadian site does not have "Things" in their inventory but the US website does. I tried to order it but.... they do not accept international orders! SIGH!

So I thought, okay, I'll just pick it up when I next go to Great Falls. But when I did a search using their store locator I couldn't find a single Toys R Us location in all of Montana! I found a Toys R Us across the street from the nationals in Pennsylvania in January but I don't want to wait that long to get it and also it could be out of stock then (after all, it'll be right after Christmas). So I gave up on the idea of buying the game at Toys R Us.

Then I did a google search for the game and it turns out "Things" has its own website and, get this, it's a Canadian game!!!!! LOL How crazy is it that I can't get the Canadian game in Canada but I can in the US? But to order "Things" directly from its website will cost $40 plus $10 shipping. That's more than I'm willing to spend on a game listed for $25 USD on the Toys R Us website.

So I continued to search on the game's site for places that sell it and, get this, it is actually sold in the City of Lethbridge in a store in the Park Place Mall! Now the really crazy thing is I was in that mall just STEPS AWAY from that games store only minutes after my failed trip to the local Toys R Us! With my luck they'll be sold out of "Things" by the time I get back to the mall but at least I know they stock it and should be able to order it in for me :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If that fails, check eBay. I can find almost anything there, and usually cheaper too! Sounds like a game I'd enjoy!