Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Unexpected gifts....

Is there anything better than giving or receiving an unexpected gift in the mail? Yesterday I received one and today I sent one.

The received one - I picked up the mail yesterday hoping for the ASC DVDs which didn't arrive. :( However, amid the stack of bills and other mail, there was a small envelope with an unrecognizable return address. I opened it with caution but was pleasantly surprised to see a check made out to me for $50. Turns out I sent in a rebate for some DVD's I purchased about 4 months ago and completely forgot about. What a fun piece of mail that was.

The sent one - I can't talk about much as the receiver might read about it here before it arrives at its intended destination. But it was so much fun running around and picking up the items to be sent. I felt like one of Santa's elves LOL.

Now, not to be too much of a girl, but I need to share the pain of breaking a nail LOL. Yesterday I was opening my dishwasher and I hit my thumbnail at just the right angle so that 2/3 of my acrylic nail overlay came right off and fell to the kitchen floor. That was a surprise but it didn't hurt too much... it must have been lifting on that part anyways for it to come off so easily. But I couldn't have 2/3 of my thumbnail off and the other 1/3 just sitting there all jagged and nasty LOL. So I decided to do some surgery on myself and remove the other 1/3 which was ever so firmly attached to the base of my nail. Now THAT hurt! I had to get underneath the acrylic part and pry it off my nail. I'm sure childbirth is the worst pain a human being can go through... but peeling off acrylic nails is a close second!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely love giving and getting presents :) I love sending surprises to somebody, and having them call you, all excited :) It's fun!

The nail thing sounds ouchy! Glad it wasn't me . . . I'm such a wimp for everything.

Carlson02 said...

Unexpected gifts are so much fun... both giving and recieving.

Although I have been through child birth, I will give you the fact that breaking and removing nails is PAINFUL, but not quite as bad as having a baby... 8 weeks and counting, aren't I lucky?