Wednesday, August 23, 2006

They beat me. I give up.

Shaw cable has beaten me to the ground and worn me out. I am now sticking with them for my cable TV service. I have had multiple people try to work out connecting all my components with no success so I arranged for Starchoice satellite (who I would highly recommend after their first slip up with customer service). But Shaw kept insisting it would work and they sent out a guy to connect it all and... whadya know... he got it to work. So I had to humbly go back to Starchoice and apologize for getting them involved in the crossfire between myself and Shaw as I cancelled their service. Unfortunately I still have to take the satellite receiver back to Future Shop. I just can't believe that with all the crap I've gone through I'm still with Shaw. But I have a non-refundable $500 investment in their HD Receiver Box which I am reluctant to do away with so my choices are limited.

On the plus side, I weighed in today and have lost a little. Not a lot, but a little LOL. Okay, it's 1.4 lbs. If I can continue to lose that much weight every week then I'll be within a pound or two of each of my 3 upcoming goals... Thanksgiving (the real Canadian one in October LOL), the Red Deer show in November, and Christmas/ASC. Right click the following link and "open in new window" to see the chart but keep reading here :) http://members.shaw.ca/vicky.bennett/weight_loss.htm

I need to come up with an incentive to "treat myself" if I hit those three goals. Any suggestions? Not a high calorie food of course LOL. I was thinking of a massage or something. What else can I treat myself to that would be appropriate for hitting a weight loss goal?

2 comments:

Carlson02 said...

If you reach your weight loss goal I would plan a whole day of pampering and shopping. Maybe plan a day at the spa to get a facial, massage, hair dyed, ect. right before ASC and then go out and buy the formal "gown" for the dinner and all that sort of fun stuff. You could also treat yourself to professional "casual" photos of you and your doggies. Something that isn't a show picture of someones point-and-click shot. Something that's really nice to display in your new home. Just some thoughts.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss Vicky :) Every little bit counts . . . so just keep working at it, and you will do great! As a treat, I suggest a really nice haircut (like going to a really nice salon), a mani/pedi, or some shopping. Something that isn't food oriented, but is still really fun and fulfilling.