Tuesday, August 29, 2006

To hot tub or not to hot tub....

I don't think "to hot tub" is actually a verb but for the purposes of this blog, let's pretend that it is.

I think I can safely thank (or blame? LOL) Kelly for introducing me to the delights of having your very own hot tub in your backyard. When I stayed with her for the Ft Mac show back in May we jumped in the hot tub just about every day. It was WONDERFUL!!!!! I was instantly converted to the hot tub fan club.

So since I'm planning on living in my new house for a while I thought it might be nice to invest in my own hot tub. I found one that I like on sale for about $8500. Add GST, installation, required electrical work, and maintenance costs and you'll probably get a clear picture of why I'm hesitating to buy it. I think I'd LOVE it but is it worth the money? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Not being a convert to the hot tub fan club, I think it's a lot of money to pay for some hot water. But that's just me.

Unknown said...

Oh Weeza, you have NO idea! Hot tubs are bliss, especially in the winter. I would miss ours if we didn't have it . . . I love it!