Sunday, August 20, 2006

The joy of the ensuite......

With all the doom and gloom that has been going on in my life lately, I thought I'd blog about a source of joy in my life.... my ensuite bathroom :)

When I was looking at houses to buy, an ensuite was not on my "must have" list but it was definitely on my "nice to have" list. I have never lived in a house with an ensuite. Since I have been living on my own my bathrooms have always been for my use but also shared with guests. First I had a one bedroom apartment (B.C. - before canines) with just the one bathroom. Then I moved up to a duplex with a single bathroom (A.D. - avec doggies). Then I moved up again to another duplex but this one had one and a half bathrooms.... I still had to share the main bathroom with guests as it had the tub/shower.

But now, oh my glorious house.... it has 3 full bathrooms. Overkill? Possibly. But the delight in my life is the ensuite. I have a toilet, shower, and sink that no one else will ever use. I can keep it clean or messy - however I want. I can leave dried toothpaste in the sink and invite everyone over for dinner.... no one will ever see the toothpaste glob.

It is my palace of porcelain and pipes... my den of drains and dental floss... my "shangri-la" with a shower and shaver! It is, in a glorious word, my ensuite! :)

1 comment:

Louisa said...

LOL, you're adorable. :-)